RIDGEFIELD, WA. (May 18, 2020) – ilani, the region’s premier gaming, dining, entertainment and meeting destination, is reopening for business on Thursday, May 28, 2020, at noon. To commemorate ilani’s reopening, leaders of ilani and the Cowlitz Tribe will gather to extend a warm welcome to the community. Tanna Engdahl, tribal spiritual leader, will extend a special blessing during the gathering, which begins at 10 a.m. A ribbon-cutting will follow. Afterwards, guests will have their temperatures checked via thermal temperature scanners as they are invited enter ilani and be greeted by the welcoming sounds of the Cowlitz Drum Group.
“Since its opening, ilani has grown into an essential business for the Cowlitz Tribe, generating vital funds for basic government services such as health care, education, elder programs, infrastructure and human services. The casino revenue also funds services needed to address the COVID-19 virus and has an impact to our surrounding Ridgefield community,” said Kara Fox-LaRose, ilani president and general manager. “We made the difficult decision to suspend operations in support of Governor Inslee’s stay-home order and in the interest of containing the COVID-19 pandemic. We are optimistic that we can help the community maintain its momentum flattening the curve, while implementing enhanced health protocols that safely allow our employs and guests to reconnect with all that ilani has to offer.”
Enhanced health protocols
The health and safety of ilani team members and guests remains a top priority. As the coronavirus pandemic has progressed, the Cowlitz Tribe has monitored activity and the latest guidance from the CDC and state health authorities to develop a reopening plan that would meet safety recommendations without significantly distracting from the guest experience. Guests and staff can expect the following social distancing and other measures at ilani:
– Reduced and distanced seating at all restaurants and lounges
– Powered off gaming machines for more physical distance between patrons
– No smoking permitted while playing table games
– Signage with distance markers for food and beverage outlets and high-traffic areas
– Entrances equipped with temperature checks
– Face masks or face coverings required for guests and team members
– Increased number of hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes stations for guests and team members
– Frequent sanitizing of all high-touch surfaces, following stringent cleaning procedures multiple times per day
– Plexiglass barriers in key locations throughout the property including table games
To protect the health of staff, ilani will continue to promote the CDC’s guidelines on personal hygiene, such as frequent hand washing, practicing social distancing, and using hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes as needed. Team members entering the property will have their temperatures checked, and anyone exhibiting a fever, or reporting other signs of illness, will be sent home, and asked to seek a medical evaluation from their health care provider.