Ticket sales will benefit the Native American Youth and Family Center and Wine and Spirit Education Trust
RIDGEFIELD, WA. (March 2, 2021) – On Wednesday, March 3, ilani, with Michael Jordan’s Steak House and McCollum Heritage 91, will kick off a new and delicious take on the traditional March Madness revelry: a month of “McCollum Madness.” The fundraiser, as a salute to professional athlete CJ McCollum will support the Native American Youth and Family Center in Portland and the Wine and Spirit Education Trust at Linfield University in McMinnville, Oregon.
Lucky No. 3
CJ McCollum’s jersey No. 3 at Lehigh University was recently retired, but he continues sporting lucky No. 3. To celebrate that fabulous figure, ilani and Michael Jordan’s Steak House are sponsoring a raffle, with tickets sold March 3-31. Part of the prize package comes from McCollum Heritage 91, a collaboration with Adelsheim Vineyards that reflects McCollum’s curiosity and love of wine as well as a shared dedication to achieving new heights.
Raffle participants will be entered for a chance to win the grand prize of a three-course dinner for two at Michael Jordan’s Steak House and a signed bottle of McCollum Heritage 91: 2018 Pinot noir from Adelsheim Vineyards. Six first-prize winners will receive a bottle of Adelsheim Vineyards 2017 Trail Blazers 50th Anniversary Pinot noir and a $100 ilani gift card to use at the on-site restaurant of their choice.
“It’s an honor to be part of this event with ilani and Michael Jordan’s Steak House supporting worthwhile organizations in our communities,” says McCollum. “The Wine and Spirit Education Trust at Linfield University holds a special place in my heart. Their work to bring awareness about the wine industry to Black, Hispanic, and Indigenous individuals interested in the field is important and something I’m proud to support. In addition, the Native American Youth and Family Center provides much-needed services to an historically underserved population. I feel blessed to help give back to these two important organizations.”
“NAYA is honored to be a beneficiary of this promotion. We appreciate the partnership and support of our friends at ilani’s Michael Jordan Steak House and CJ McCollum, helping us serve our region’s Native American youth and families.” said Ann Takamoto, director of development at NAYA.
The Wine and Spirits Education Trust (WSET) at Linfield University provides high-quality education in wines and spirits to more than 94,000 people every year around the globe, making it the biggest and most respected wine education and certification organization of its kind in the world. Proceeds from this raffle will help to bring awareness about the program and offer access to Black, Hispanic, and Indigenous individuals interested in the field. “Linfield University is proud to partner with CJ McCollum to help open the door for Black, Hispanic, and Indigenous individuals to further their interests and careers in the wine industry,” says Greg Jones director of the program.
“McCollum Madness” Continues
- March 3-31: Michael Jordan’s Steak House will offer raffle tickets for purchase for $33. Winners will be announced March 31.
- March 14 (1p.m-3 p.m.): Guests with a preference for craft brews and spirits can also take part in the homage to No. 3—and on Selection Sunday, no less. As an extension of ilani’s BrewFest, Michael Jordan’s Steak House will serve a three-course burger, beer and bourbon lunch, highlighted by a wagyu beef and pork belly burger. Each of the three courses will be accompanied by a unique beverage pairing. Beers from Zoiglhaus Brewing Companyand pFriem Family Brewers will be featured, capped by Michael Jordan’s exclusive bourbon by Eagle Rare. The lunch is scheduled to wrap up just in time to see which college basketball teams have won a place in the Big Dance, and CJ McCollum Madness raffle tickets will be given with each BrewFest ticket purchased.
In accordance with guidelines established by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Washington state health authorities, ilani implemented and continues to observe the following health and safety measures to protect its guests and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Reduced and distanced seating at all restaurants and lounges
- Powered-off gaming machines for more physical distance between guests
- Signage with distance markers for food and beverage outlets and high-traffic areas
- Entrances equipped with temperature checks
- Face masks or face coverings for all team members and all guests
- Increased number of hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes stations for guests and team members
- Frequent sanitizing of all high-touch surfaces, following stringent cleaning procedures multiple times per day
- Plexiglass barriers in key locations throughout the property, including table games
To learn more visit ilaniresort.com.
Located on the Cowlitz Reservation in Ridgefield, Washington, ilani, developed by the Cowlitz Tribe and Salishan-Mohegan, a partnership that includes Mohegan Sun, one of the world’s foremost gaming and entertainment developers and operators, is the Pacific Northwest’s premier gaming, dining, entertainment and meeting destination. With nearly 400,000 total square feet, ilani includes 100,000 square feet of gaming space with more than 2,500 slots and 75 gaming tables; 15 different restaurants, bars and retail outlets; and a 2,500-seat meeting and entertainment venue hosting nationally recognized performances. For more information, visit ilaniresort.com and follow ilani on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
About McCollum Heritage 91:
McCollum Heritage 91 is the creation of CJ McCollum. Having been introduced to wine in his early 20s, McCollum’s fortuitous move to one of the top wine regions in the U.S. led him to take his existing interest in — and knowledge of — wine to new heights. As reflected through his work both on and off the basketball court, leaving a legacy is greatly important to McCollum, and McCollum Heritage 91 is a reflection of bringing his passions to life and honoring his family name in the process. The first vintage of McCollum Heritage 91, a 2018 Chehalem Mountains Pinot noir, is now available with plans to release additional vintages in spring 2021. For more information, please visit www.mccollumheritage91.com.
About Michael Jordan’s Steak House:
Located at ilani, Michael Jordan’s Steak House offers a dining experience driven by the unmatched global power of the Michael Jordan brand. The restaurant puts “steaksmanship” at the forefront – a belief in the steak, not the sizzle. Michael Jordan always sets the bar at being a cut above the rest in all his endeavors. That’s why every moment counts at Michael Jordan’s Steak House, perfecting each dish and presenting every guest with unparalleled service. Delivering to the standards of a legend demands talent, teamwork and most importantly, quality ingredients that live up to the standards of Mr. 23 himself. For more information visit www.mjshilani.com.